Crimsafe Bush Fire Screens
Xl Screens and Awnings on the Gold Coast can also provide Bush Fire Protection Screens to protect your home and loved ones from Bush fires and ember attach as well as intruders and bugs.
These screens are in accordance with Australian Standard 3959-2009
1. What is Bush Fire Protection?
Bush fire Protection is the protection of buildings, as specified in the Australian Standard AS3959-2009 “Construction of buildings in bushfire-prone areas”, against burning embers, radiant heat or flame generated by a bushfire.
2. Do I need Bush Fire Protection?
Bush fire protection under AS3959-2009 is required on sites where the Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) has been determined as one of the six levels of risk;
1. BAL – Low
2. BAL – 12.5 (protection from ember attack and radiant heat up to and including 12.5kW/m²)
3. BAL – 19 (protection from ember attack and radiant heat greater than 12.5kW/m² up to and including 19 kW/m²)
4. BAL – 29 (protection from ember attack and radiant heat greater than 19 kW/m² up to and including 29 kW/m²)
5. BAL – 40 (protection from ember attack, increased likelihood of flame contact and radiant heat greater than 29kW/m² up to and including 40 kW/m²)
6. BAL – FZ (protection from flame contact, together with ember attack and radiant heat of more than 40 kW/m²)
3. How can Crimsafe help?
Australian Standard AS3959-2009 requires that openings be screened with corrosion resistant steel, with an aperture size that will not allow a circular probe of 2mm diameter to pass through. Xl Screens and Awnings can provide Crimsafe 304 grade, 0.9mm Tensile-Tuff ® Stainless Steel Security Mesh that has an aperture size of 1.5mm x 1.5mm and therefore complies.
4. Can Crimsafe be used in all BAL’s?
Generally yes, Crimsafe screens can be used in all Bushfire Attack Level’s on all windows, hinged, bi-folding and sliding doors.
The only exception is BAL-FZ where Crimsafe screens could only be used on a window system that has been tested to a Fire Rating Level of -/30/- OR complies with AS1530.8.2 when tested from the outside.
5. Can screens be used for Bushfire Protection elsewhere?
Yes, Crimsafe can also be used to protect decks / patio enclosures, evaporative cooling units, skylights, gable & roof vents, weep holes, enclosing subfloor areas and gutter/ roof valley leaf guards
Bush Fire Screens could save your home, but only if the correct product for the correct application is used. For specific advice why not call us on 07 5593 7900 today or submit an online enquiry.
Get In touch
Address: 3/1 Prosper Crescent
Burleigh Heads, QLD, 4220